The basis of this guide was supplied by our friends and hosting partner over at Namehog and is reproduced with their permission.
1. In Microsoft Windows Live 2011, from the down arrow to the left of the Home menu, select Options, then click on Email Accounts…
2. You can see the screen below, you need to select Add….
3. On this screen select and click on E-mail Account, then click Next
4. In the E-mail address field, enter your email address as setup in CPanel, followed by the passowrd that you assigned to that account, ensure you have not got CAPS lock on as its case sensitive. In the Display Name field, enter you full name. You now need to select the box“Manually configure server settings” and then click Next.
5. From the dropdown menu “Server Type” you need to select POP. Once you have done this, enter mail.yourdomainname.com in theIncoming server box. In the Login ID box you need to enter your email address the same as in step 4. In the outogoing server box, type mail.yourdomainname.com and then change the Port number from 25 to 26 (This is very important). Once you have done this, tick the box at the bottom “My outgoing server requires authentication”, then click Next.
6. If you have followed the above steps correctly, you should now be presented with the screen below, simply click on Finish if you are happy with it.
7. You will now see the following screen, select the account by clicking once on it, then click on properties, alternatively you can double click the account.
8. You will now see the General tab which has the top field highlighed. We advise that you change the fields on this page to the ones outlones in the next step as this is what people will see when you send them an email. Please ensure that you change the top field on this page and also add a Reply address in the same as the E-mail address. This is quiet important as your email might not work properly if you don’t do this. Once you have changed these parts, click on the Advanced tab along the top.
9. Please now check that the contents of your boxes matches these ones. It is critical that the Outgoing SMTP port number is changed so that it is 26 and NOT port 25. Once you are satisfied, click on Apply then OK.
10. You will now see this screen, the Accounts screen. which you can simply click on Close.
11. Your account is now setup and ready to use. If you have multiple accounts, please repeat steps 1 through to 10 with the other account information.